Plant a pumpkinseed with a child, and cultivate wonder.
This simple act of reconnecting children with nature is Sharon Lovejoy's purpose, joy and gift.
She presents 12 spirited, easy-to-implement ideas for theme gardens that parents and kids can grow together.
Illustrated throughout by the author's own lyrical watercolors, each garden includes a plan, the planting recipe -- seeds, seedlings, and growing instructions spelled out step-by-step -- and activities.
- -Pizza Patch, a giant-size wheel garden planted in "slices" of tomatoes, zucchini, oregano, and basil.
- -A Flowery Maze to get lost in.
- -A Moon Garden of night-blooming flowers, including a moonflower tent.
- -And Mother Nature's Medicine Chest.
Discovery Walks teach kids how the gardens work, and a chapter on gardening basics includes a child-friendly 10-Minute Plan for planting and maintenance, plus a list of the top 20 plants guaranteed to make gardeners out of kids.
Table Of Contents
TOP 20 PLANTS FOR KIDS
- The Pizza Patch
- Sunflower House
- Buckets, Boxes & Boots
- Snacking & Sipping Garden
- Moon Garden
- The Flowery Maze
- A Garden of Giants
- Mother Nature's Medicine Chest
- Zuni Waffle Garden
- GARDENING BASICS
- How to Plan, Plant & Care for Your Garden