Children's Garden Flower Seed Mix
- Seed Count:
- Approx 200 - 300 seeds per pack
- Approx 16 square feet
- Heirloom, Non-Hybrid, Non-GMO seeds
Children's Garden Flower Mix
This mix of easy to grow, colorful annual flowers, sets the stage for learning and wonder for a child. The different colors, shapes and sizes attracts and engages children young and old! As the flowers bloom and bring in bees, butterflies, dragonflies and other pollinators a whole new cycle of learning begins.
Gardening with kids is a great way to get them interested in nature. Children are naturally inquisitive and learning how to garden sparks their curiosity even more. They love watching plants grow and it’s a great learning experience for everyone. Patience, stillness and observation are just a few of the skills children learn from growing a flower garden. They experience the cycle of the year in a new way, seeing changing seasons from a different perspective.
One seed packet will generously plant approximately 16 square feet – a 4x4 foot space.
Planting is simple – rake bed and scatter seeds, then lightly rake to just barely cover seeds. Best times to plant are late fall or early spring.
What's in the mix
Common Name and Genus/Species
- Annual Baby’s Breath - Gypsophila elegans
- Calendula - Calendula officinalis
- Annual Candytuft - Iberis umbellata
- Catchfly - Silene armeria
- Plains Coreopsis - Coreopsis tinctoria
- Cornflower - Centaurea cyanus
- Sulphur Cosmos - Cosmos bipinnatus
- Gloriosa Daisy - Rudbeckia hirta
- Scarlet Flax - Linum grandiflorum rubrum
- Red Corn Poppy - Papaver rhoeas
- Zinnia - Zinnia linearis
From the soil to the seed to the food you eat - we'll help you grow your best garden!