Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots by Sharon Lovejoy
- Sharon Lovejoy
- 176 pages
Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots
This simple act of reconnecting children with nature is Sharon Lovejoy's purpose, joy and gift.
She presents 12 spirited, easy-to-implement ideas for theme gardens that parents and kids can grow together.
Illustrated throughout by the author's own lyrical watercolors, each garden includes a plan, the planting recipe -- seeds, seedlings, and growing instructions spelled out step-by-step -- and activities.
- Pizza Patch, a giant-size wheel garden planted in "slices" of tomatoes, zucchini, oregano, and basil.
- A Flowery Maze to get lost in.
- A Moon Garden of night-blooming flowers, including a moonflower tent.
- And Mother Nature's Medicine Chest.
Discovery Walks teach kids how the gardens work, and a chapter on gardening basics includes a child-friendly 10-Minute Plan for planting and maintenance, plus a list of the top 20 plants guaranteed to make gardeners out of kids.
Table of Contents
- Top 20 Plants for Kids
- Theme Gardens:
- The Pizza Patch
- Sunflower House
- Buckets, Boxes & Boots
- Snacking & Sipping Garden
- Moon Garden
- The Flowery Maze
- A Garden of Giants
- Mother Nature's Medicine Chest
- Zuni Waffle Garden
- Gardening Basics
- How to Plan, Plant & Care for Your Garden
From the soil to the seed to the food you eat - we'll help you grow your best garden!
This book is so full of wonderful ideas and interesting tidbits to help keep any child intrigued for the entire summer.