Ultimate Grain Seed Collection
The Ultimate Grains Collection is the easiest growing, tried and true grains to get started with. They are ideally suited for the home gardener as they need no specialized equipment to sow, harvest or process and give large returns for the amount of seed sown. All are highly nutritious for people, poultry and animals.
The book – Homegrown Whole Grains – walks you through the process from planting to cooking, showing how to grow, harvest, store, grind, and cook each of the grains in the collection. It’s surprisingly easy, and it takes less space than you might imagine. A backyard field of grains can give you a loaf of bread a week for a year. Complete growing instructions and recipes are included.
Additional benefits of growing grains include grass and fodder for poultry and improving soil health through the extensive root systems of heirloom grains.
Included in this collection is the book "Homegrown Whole Grains" by Sara Pitzer AND the following four seed packets:
- White Sonora Wheat ( 8 oz)
- Golden Bantam Corn (Approx 125 seeds per pack)
- Mennonite Sorghum (Approx 125 seeds per pack)
- Red Garnet Amaranth (Approx 150 seeds per pack)
- White Sonora Wheat - Perfect Grain for the Home Gardener
- Heirloom Corn Types & Planting Tips
- How to Grow More from Your Same Garden Space
From the soil to the seed to the food you eat - we'll help you grow your best garden!