Starting Seeds by Barbara W. Ellis
- Barbara W. Ellis
- 128 pages
Starting Seeds How to Grow Healthy, Productive Vegetables, Herbs, and Flowers from Seed
There are so many reasons to start your garden from seed! Growing plants from seeds isn’t difficult; it just takes a little know-how. Now, gardeners of any experience level can get a jump on the growing season with this easy to understand, straightforward guide.
You’ll love the exciting variety of available seeds, and you’ll save a lot of money and enjoy greater control over the health of your plants.
This book offers practical, concise advice for sowing seeds, managing seedlings indoors and out, and developing schedules that ensure your seedlings are ready to plant when the weather is right.
Starting Seeds offers everything you need to begin a thriving garden.
Table of Contents
- The Magic of Seeds
- Part 1: Getting Started
- What Do You Want to Grow?
- Get to Know Your Garden
- Seed Savvy
- How Many Packets?
- Germination 101
- Set Up a Sowing Schedule
- Seed-Grower's Problem Solver
- Saving and Storing Secrets
- Part 2: Starting Seeds Indoors
- Gather Your Gear
- Sowing Your Seed
- Special-Needs Seeds
- From Seeds to Seedlings
- Potting On
- Perennials from Seed
- Moving Plants to Your Garden
- Care after Planting
- Part 3: Sowing Seeds Outdoors
- Getting Your Garden Ready for Seeds
- Spacing: Beds, Rows, or Broadcasting?
- Sowing in the Flower Garden
- Caring for Seeds and Seedlings
- Resources and Links
From the soil to the seed to the food you eat - we'll help you grow your best garden!