Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds
Organic Alfalfa Sprouts are the best known sprout in America.
Mild flavor, good crunch, great nutrition and easy to grow makes them a perennial favorite. Home grown Alfalfa sprouts are one of the best and easiest ways to have incredible flavor and nutrition in almost no space at any time of the year.
In as little as 4-6 days you can have fresh sprouts that taste better and have more nutrients, antioxidants and amino acids than almost any other food.
Add to sandwiches, eggs, salads, sprinkle on soups, or substitute for any other greens when they are out of season.
- Rinse often
- Keep sprouts moist but no wet
- Keep at room temperature
- Give sprouts breathing room
- Avoid overcrowding
- Keep covered - no light needed
Sprouts are healthy, nutritious and are rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes, bioflavonoids, and antioxidants. They are an excellent alternative to meat, especially for vegetarians and vegans.
1 1/2 tablespoons yields 1 1/2 - 2 cups of sprouts in 4-6 days.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before handling seeds or sprouts, and use clean glass jars and screens that are washed with soap and hot water just before starting the sprouting process.
- Rinse the sprouts well at least twice a day and tip the jar so excess water can drain, avoiding puddles where bacteria can grow.
- Rinse the seeds well before starting the initial soaking period.
From the soil to the seed to the food you eat - we'll help you grow your best garden!
Delicious and quick
These seeds grow so quickly and produce such delicious and fresh tasting sprouts! Even though the instructions said to use 1.5 tablespoons, I only use 1 tbsp so that the jar doesn't become all the way full and so I don't have to eat so many at once. These sprouts have been amazing to grow and eat during the Covid19 shelter in place. Between the sandwich mix and the alfalfa, I like the latter better, but it's just a matter of taste.
mixed seeds for sprouting
Great germination, I use them in soups, salads, sandwiches --
Love the fresh taste of growing my own sprouts
Alfalfa sprouts are so easy to grow and give any meal a fresh taste all year long!